COPPEM Presidency Council and General Assembly was held. Presidency Council gathered before General Assembly, reviewed the preparations and evaluated the next term activities and projects of COPPEM. After that, at the General Assembly, ideas on cultural activities and equal opportunities were mentioned, previous-term activity reports were evaluated.
At the COPPEM – European Mediterranean Local and Regional Authorities Partnership Committee – Presidents Council and General Assembly Meeting held on 27 June 2023, the projects and suggested activities brought to the agenda by Istanbul Aydın University President and COPPEM Board Member Assoc. Prof. Mustafa Aydın, were evaluated. The following articles were all unanimously resolved by all COPPEM members.
1. The member countries of COPPEM should host at least one event each year that takes the pulse of current and world problems,
2. Organizing a special conference on illegal immigration and the problems of immigrants,
3. Organizing training programs in different, up-to-date fields that produce solutions to the world’s problems in each COPPEM country; launching the first program in Türkiye,
4. To implement intercity diplomacy much more effectively,
5. Contributing to the organized crime and terrorism conference to be held in October, with the academic dimension of the subject, with 2 law academicians from Istanbul Aydin University,
6. The results of the democratic elections last month in Türkiye and in Greece yesterday will contribute to the establishment of more productive and close relations between both countries and COPPEM members,
7. COPPEM, which has always embraced the work of the local governments of our region and their social, cultural and economic development by producing projects and useful models together, with an understanding about all politics; Evaluating the membership requests from Libya positively, regardless of region and city,
8. Hosting all the European-Mediterranean Region Local Authorities, Mayors and Governors in Istanbul with the COPPEM General Assembly to be hosted by Istanbul Aydın University in December with an international COPPEM Conference.